Patricia Ann Sanders
175 E. Cedar St.
Globe, AZ 85501 USA
+1 (928) 200-3550
Summary of Work Experience & Skills
Breadth of Professional Accomplishment: 20 years of copy editing and proofreading; 6 years as operations manager for an organic farm/school (office management, marketing, event hosting, sales, website development); newspaper feature and sponsored content writing; founded small literary press
Additional Experience & Skills: video & sound editing, publication design & layout, bookkeeping
- Master’s of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, Warren Wilson College, Swannanoa, North Carolina, July 2009
- Bachelor’s degree in English Literature (magna cum laude), Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, December 2006
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics (magna cum laude), Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, December 2006
- High school diploma, Colorado Academy, Littleton, Colorado, June 1984
- December 2015 – November 2016: Writer and Editor
Globe Miami Times, 175 E. Cedar St., Globe, Arizona 85501
Researched and wrote feature stories by interviewing individuals from many different social classes and areas of life. Worked closely with publisher to select topics and develop stories. Proofread the newspaper.
- September 1999 – November 2015: Freelance Copy Editor and Proofreader
Copy edited and proofread college textbooks, novels, and corporate materials for a variety of clients, according to the Chicago Manual of Style, American Psychological Association style, Associated Press style, and house styles.
- September 1995 – June 1999: Editor
CareerTrack, Inc., Boulder, Colorado
Copy edited and proofread training materials and marketing materials in a busy, deadline-driven team environment. Helped to develop the corporate style guide. Assisted in selecting and training new editors.
- June 1989 – July 1996: Founder and Managing Editor
The Atlantean Press, Boulder, Colorado
Founded and operated a small literary press that published five books and nine issues of a quarterly. Performed all editorial, design, and marketing tasks.
- Mother tongue: English
- Working proficiency: French
- Microsoft Office programs
- Open Office programs
- Web development: WordPress, DreamWeaver, html
- Graphic design and layout: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Scribus
- Audio and video editing: Audacity, Movie Maker
Web and Social Media